Thursday, September 8, 2011

STARTLING

The poet arrived last night
In New York City
To the university

Amidst great fanfare
She introduced a poem
Recalling how

Upon first sight
Of a six-inch Daphne sculpture
In a small museum

Her breathing had changed.

After that startling revelation
All the rest was just words.
About Alan S. Kleiman:
Alan S. Kleiman's poetry has appeared or is forthcoming in The Criterion, The Bicycle Review, Pyrta, Eskimo Pie, and The Montucky Review. He lives in New York City and works as an attorney. When not practicing law or writing, he spends as much time as he can in the open air.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like my comment did not take. I love this poem - it's amazing! It inspired me to finish one of my own that is similar. I'm going to look for more of your work. julie

    ReplyDelete