Saturday, July 13, 2013

I CAME THIS WAY

because
I wanted to see
the old grain elevator again
someone painted it blue
a long time ago and
built a deck on top of it
I guess
so they could sit up there
and look out
across the country side
it’s flat land around here
so I’m certain
you can see a long ways
but I don’t think
I’ve ever seen anyone
sitting up there
all the times I’ve driven past
I use to know the people
who lived across the road
they were friends of my parents
and I got my first dog from them
a long-haired Chihuahua
I named Brownie
but they moved away
years ago and
the house looks the same
but I have no idea
who lives there now
 

About James Babbs:
James Babbs has published hundreds of poems over the last several years in print journals and online.  He lives in the same small town where he grew up.  James works for the government but doesn’t like to talk about it.  James is the author of Dictionary of Chaos (2002), Another Beautiful Night (2010), Disturbing The Light (2013) & The Weight of Invisible Things (2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment