Sunday, June 26, 2011

TOUTING A RELENTLESS DREAM

I'd die for gray green
lichens
posing on all of my brick
habitat
layering a spawn of scrolling
cricket songs
along the dream
I speak into a crab bucket
where blue and green veins from Grandma's hands
level the devils of the premature
anyway
I'd live for a united kingdom in
America
no segments lessening love
with banter or libel
because I crave the pulp of Florida
rain
of California's hazel
orange
sun
of Colorado's steep
bare
mountains
but something happened to me
something happened to people
who look like the mahogany
I wear
and all I need to know
at this point
on my death bed
in my whim of lackluster
sight
is a dream
doused in veins
blue and green ones
vessels
civilized
and
working
together


About Ernest Williamson III:
Dr. Ernest Williamson III has published poetry and visual art in over 320 national and international online and print journals. He has work forthcoming in "The Columbia Review","Bricolage: University of Washington's Literary Arts Journal, and many others.
View more of his work here: www.yessy.com/budicegenius

No comments:

Post a Comment