Thursday, October 20, 2011

IMPENDING WEATHER

A man came to my door
warning that low barometric pressure
would approach from the sea,
followed by torrential rains
guided by the hand of God.

I knew of this impending weather,
although Channel 4’s report
apparently lacked important details.

I had dug many curtain drains,
knowing the gravity of flood waters.

I had hauled tons of river rock
to stave off potential ruin.

But I had not known
that I would be the subject of God’s wrath
or that Channel 4 would abuse
my trust that it serve the public
at its frequency on the air waves.


About Keith Moul:
Keith Moul's poems have been published widely for more than 40 years.  He also publish photos.  His chapbook, The Grammar of Mind, was released 11/10 by Blue & Yellow Dog Press.  A poem Keith wrote in response to one of his photos was a 2010 Pushcart nominee.

No comments:

Post a Comment